Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

PIXMA MX452 Low Ink/Cartridge reset

I replaced the ink cartridges and the printer still say ink low. I tried searching the internet and followed every single solution available I could find multiple times to no avail. Please can someone tell me howdo I get this printer to function properly. this warning makes it take 10 minutes for each document to start printing. counting deleting the printer queue and resetting the printer multiple times. I am about to throw this thing off a roof, it is annoying me so much I just may never buy a canon again. way to frustrating. I never had an issue with my old HP printer. 

Product Expert

Re: PIXMA MX452 Low Ink/Cartridge reset

[ Edited ]

Hi kozydawg,

To try and resolve the issue, please take the ink cartridge out, turn the unit off, turn it back on, and place the ink cartridge back inside. It should then update the ink levels accurately.

Alternatively, if you have a cartridge that is empty, you may be able to put it in the printer so it recognizes the empty cartridge and provides the ink cartridge empty warning.  You would then replace it with the new ink cartridge and the printer should recognize that it was replaced and provide a full ink level indication again.

Should the above recommendations not resolve the issue, you can disable the ink level detection function of the printer and continue to scan, print and copy. To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.  You will need to do this for each ink cartridge that is low or out of ink. Please note that both ink cartridges will need to be in the printer in order for it to print, even if one of the cartridges are low or out of ink.  

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I've got the same issue. Tried the suggested solution multiple times. Does nothing.

New Contributor

Finally got it to work as follows:

UNPLUG your printer _power cord_ (just turning it off isn't good enough, UNPLUG the power for 35 seconds)

Plug it back in.

Send print job.

Printer will beep and give ink cartridge refill error message(s)

_Now_ is the time to press 'Stop' for 10 seconds...

(do it again for the second error if you changed both cartridges)

The Printer will 'contemplate life' for "a little while" (about 2 minutes) then come back to life again.

Now you can print!-)

Occasional Contributor

Same problem. ... I tried your solution...... nothing.
not cool
Occasional Contributor

Now I will try Tom's solution see how that goes ..thanks for posting time
Occasional Contributor

Tom
Occasional Contributor

Now I will try Tom's solution see how that goes ..thanks for posting Tom
New Contributor

The only solution that worked for me is to buy OEM cartridges, all other cartridges are most likely refilled and the sensor inside them does not reset when refilled. A costly way to print as needed but the headache is no longer there.

Occasional Contributor

That's what I'm using.... but thanks again