cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My response to email doesn't work

jaymack
Enthusiast

Whenever I get a response to something at my email, I cannot return to your website. I have to close the response and then go to Canon community from outside.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, jaymack!

We can understand your frustration.  While clicking on the link within a forum response email will work for most users, there may occasionally be an instance where the email's HTML won't agree with your email client.

If you continue to have problems and you're using a web-based email client, we recommend right-clicking on the link and copying the URL.  From there, open a new tab in your browser, paste the URL in the address bar, and you should be taken directly to where you need to be.

We hope this helps!

Oddly enough, yours came thru perfectly.

okiprinters
Contributor

Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites while you are browsing.
Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies, do the following:

1. Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you'll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
  4. You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following 2 for deletion:
    • Cookies & active logins
    • Cache
  5. After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.

I don't know why only this site among around 100 or so sites that never had this kind of problem, seems to not want to work. I'll just accept it'll just require a little bit longer, no big deal.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements