cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last attempt to save my CanoScan 5600F

moonmaiden
Apprentice

hello,

i've been having so much troubles with my 5600f. i've certainly used the scanner in past many times. but because i don't use it often, i can't recall the last time i was successfully scan a document with it. i'm running mojave 10.14.6 now. i installed all the new drivers, uninstalled navigator, reinstalled everything mutiple times according to different suggestions i'd found online. at first, navigator won't even open. now it opens, but my macbook doesn't recognize the scanner at all ("cannot communicated with scanner... 1.0.0")  i also tried with a different usb cable. still, nothing. can't use other scanner software either, since it can't recognize scanner. i don't know how else to get my macbook to recognize the scanner. any thoughts?

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Good troubleshooting.  Uninstall / reinstalled the software, tried a different USB cable, etc.  Maybe should should try testing with another system to confirm there is nothing physically wrong with the device? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hi shadowsports,

thank you for your suggestions.  i have tried multiple times, but i think it's time for me to accept that my scanner is probably broken.  i'm just crushed at the thought of tossing it out into a landfill and buy another scanner that will be seldome used.  but, alas...

Greetings,

If used seldom, I'd buy an AIO thats doubled as a printer.  This will be space saving and give you the option to scan if/when needed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements