cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with registering products on My Canon Account

Gshepherdmom
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon R3, RF 100-500 and control adaptor from Adorama brand new and the website keeps saying something went wrong when I try to register them. Also, it says I have no products registered under my account when I have a 5d iv and many lenses that I registered as well as purchased care pack for some of them. Has this happened to anyone else?

3 REPLIES 3

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gshepherdmom,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with registering products on your account. It would be good to double check the web page you are using to log in. You can log into your account HERE.

If the issue is continuing when you log into your account there then we would recommend trying a different web browser. Sometimes parts of the web page could not load correctly in one web browser, but does load in a different one.

If that doesn't resolve the issue we would recommend clearing the cache of your web browser to see if that helps. If the same thing is happening after trying those things we would recommend calling the phone support team at 1-800-652-2666 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday. At that point we would need to trouble shoot the account itself, and for security reasons we would need to do that by phone.

Thank you, I will try that. I have already called and it has confused Canon as well because my registered items show up under CPS but not under my regular account. I still can’t register my items but they said they are working on seeing what the problem is. The nice lady that helped me agreed that it doesn’t make sense.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

The most common cause for this issue is using different email addresses for your accounts.  I don't know if this applies here, but this a common cause for this behavior. 

I'm sure support can help you figure it out.  They can also assist with product registration issues.   🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements