cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarePAK missing previously-registered lens

Robmae
Contributor

I routinely purchase CarePAK coverage for all my Canon purchases. Recently I added another product and noticed that a lens I had purchased CarePak coverage for back in May /2021 was no longer listed on my account. 

Is there some way to investigate this? I've searched my account repeatedly. Would I have gotten a notice from Canon if the coverage expired? Is there any way to see products that were previously covered on my account? And lastly: if the lens, (RF 15-35 f2.8) is no longer covered is there any CarePAK coverage that I can purchase?

Thanks so much. Worst case scenario: if anything were to happen and the lens wasn't covered: I would buy that lens again AND again. It's amazing.

Robin

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The forums are a social media platform.  The forums are neither Canon Sales nor Canon Support. You should contact them directly with any support or service related issue.  The problem could be as simple as the Carepak you began in 2021 has now expired after three years, and just simply needed to be renewed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Stephen

Hi there! 

I recommend contacting the CarePAK team so they can look into it with you, and advise you of your options. You'll find all their contact info toward the bottom of this page: https://canon.us/CarePAK 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon USA 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Registered products do not disappear from your user portal.  If a product is covered by CarePak (even if expired), the product registration will still show, but the CarePak will show as expired. 

When you log into My Canon and select My Account, your most recent registered products will appear.  To see all Registered products, click View All.

shadowsports_0-1715530686914.png

Here is what a registered product with an expired CarePak looks like.

shadowsports_1-1715530862614.png

As my colleagues mentioned, call Canon if you believe you are missing registrations.  The most common cause for this is using more than one email address when registering a purchase.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks all and thanks Rick for answering whether or not the lens in question should show, expired or not. Its not there so I'm thinking--maybe--that my son who purchased the lens for me for my birthday in 2021 got the CarePak. He says no but I'm going to get him to look again. Thanks again. 

Announcements