cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this camera good to use in ghost hunting

Viciouspup
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 Camera, with one Canon Zoom Lens EF 75 - 300mm 1:4 - 5.4 and a EFS Lens 18 - 55mm and a Fujifilm Finepix S2000HD camera which I set to Ultra - High - speed Continuous Shooting @ 3Mpixel or less 15x Wide.

I have been using the Fujifilm Camera in that ultra high speed setting and have captured, I guess you can call ghost with it.

Can this Canon camera be used the sane way and is there a setting likee the Fuji has?

9 REPLIES 9

ScottyP
Authority
You're kidding, right?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Picture.jpg

This is what I caught at one of the oldest cemetery in Louisiana with that FujiFilm Camera. One of the TAPS teams here in Louisiana verified it is a spirit. This is why I asked about this canon camera.

No offense intended, but I think the jury is still out on the ghost in that photograph.

Hey, the spirit has been verified by a member of the TAPS team so it has to be authentic.  Smiley Wink

For ghost hunting you need 3 things:

1.) night vision camera,
2.) bad over-actor con men acting excitedly on camera
3.) any dark place anywhere which you can talk up as being supposedly haunted.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"bad over-actor con men acting excitedly on camera"

Laughing smiley

The only sprit in that photo came out of a Jack Daniels bottle 🙂

EF 24-70 f/2.8 L, EF 24-105 f/4 L IS, EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EF 1.4 II Extender

580EX MKII, 430EX MKII

I like where the ghost photographer above says, "One of the TAPS teams here in Louisiana verified it is a spirit."

Really?

Double face palm

I'd love to know how they "verified" it was a ghost, as well as what credentials they have that provide them the professional authority to claim it a ghost.  Heck, knowing how Orwellian the Louisiana state legislature is, the TAPS organization could probably be legally shut down for practicing ghost hunting without a license.  Serious as a heart attack.

This thread is rapidly developing some major win....Giggle smiley

WahoGT
Enthusiast

There isn't any sort of ultra high speed setting on the T3.  Even if it did, your lenses aren't exactly good for low light imaging without cranking the ISO so high you get all sorts of nasty noise in the photos.  

If you're serious about this, you might want to look into "full spectrum" cameras with no built-in IR filtering, or having your T3 modified in such a way... as I think those are what is preferred for "ghost hunting".  A faster lens (wider aperture) would be a good addition as well.  Even a cheap Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 would be amazingly better in low light than your current lenses. Ideally you'd have something fast and wide angle, like an EF 24mm f/1.4L (but those get pricey for the average person).

Announcements