cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

141 REPLIES 141

Shankar
Apprentice

Hello all,

My name is Shankar and I am from Ann Arbor, MI, USA.

I have been a Canon user for more than 30 years with several of the sureshot film cameras and then the powershot digital cameras. The first serious camera was the S5IS. which was a wonderful camera and helped me learn many of the photography fundamentals. I entered the DSLR world with the Rebel XS, then moved on to 60D, 5D mkIII, 6D MKII and now R6 mirrorless. I have sold all my DSLR cameras and lenses and am fully invested in mirrorless technology.

I was a very active learner at the POTN (Photography On The Net) forums hosted by Canon. I learned everything I know about pro photography there. Lighting, camera setting for landscape, portraiture, etc. etc.

Any POTN members here?

I am a retired engineering manager from Ford (31 wonderful years) and I am spending more time with photography. I love people photography., bird photography and especially fashion photography. I have been to Paris & NY fashion shows and a lot of local shows in Michigan.

My IG handle is @shankar_hokie where you can see some of my work.

I look forward to many discussions and learning experiences.

Hope fully, this can take off like POTN!! 

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Hello, my first Canon gear is on the way.  I have shot with Pentax gear for the last 15 years.  Before that I’ve used Nikon and Pentax still cameras and Canon video cameras for work.  
i shoot a lot of landscapes and nature including wildlife.  Pentax only offers current lenses up to 450mm, so when the Canon 200-800 zoom was announced I was intrigued, and have done a lot of research.  The places I usually shoot are beaches, mud flats, salt marsh, and longleaf pine savannas, so the lens should perform pretty well.  So I have the lens on order, along with an R6 Mark II with the 24-105 STM lens.  The camera and 24-105 should arrive today.  With family visiting, I won’t have a lot of time in the next two weeks to learn much, but I should be able to get somewhat familiar with the camera before the 200-800 arrives.  I’m looking forward to it very much.

Announcements