cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inkjet printer prints better from iPad than from laptop. Why?

ronleesan
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Ronleesan!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment and operating system you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue. Thanks and have a great day!

This is a canon pixma mg3122. My iPad recognizes it as an mg3100 series and printing is clear.
My laptop is an HP pavilion dv6 using windows 7. I loaded the install disc that came with the canon. Was working well but lately I noticed the prints coming from the laptop appear fuzzy. This very noticeable when printing items with UPC codes.

I am wondering if it is my ink supply. Am using an after market brand that doesn't count pages.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi ronleesan,

The inks can definitely impact your print quality.  We always recommend using Canon genuine inks for the best quality prints.  Consider your paper as well.  Even when using plain letter size paper, select a good quality paper to improve your print results.

Since you are printing documents or images with UPCs, be sure that the image or document is printed at its optimal or original size.  Enlarging a low resolution coupon, for example, can make the results appear blurry.  This is especially true in the finer detailed sections like the UPC.

When you mention your prints from the iPad appears better then from your laptop, are you printing the exact same document?  If not, try a test print from each device using the exact same image, paper and settings.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements