cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink bottle disposal? Dismayed I cannot recycle! Refill?

T_H_M
Contributor

I switched from HP to Canon because of the ability to refill tanks rather than buy cartridges. I saw this as a way to reduce my enviormental impact, but it seems I was short-sighted in my evaluation. I suddenly have these sturdy bottles with a scant bit of ink left in them which I must toss in the trash! I wish there were a way to send them back for refilling .... something! If anyone knows of a company which refill or recycles these, I would love to know about it. Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34

That is a program for ink CARTRIDGES. Our printers use ink bottles. Not the same.

Our Gloucester facility recycles all our consumables, but feel free to call support if you don't believe me.

You can find your personalized support entitlements within your My Canon Account at https://canon.us/account 

Or, as another user suggested, you can drop your consumables off at any big box store that sells electronics. You have options!

I sincerely hope you have a fantastic day! 😊

Thank you for your assurance that we can send empty bottles to you.  I don't mean to sound like a nit picker, beat a dead horse, or continue this thread beyond necessary, but Brother's recycling program pays the postage . . . or at least they used to.  That aspect of their program provides more incentive to participate.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Hmm. Our local recycling center takes everything but car bumpers.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

You're lucky, John. My city used to have curbside recycling, but they stopped it because of "lack of adoption." When they had it, apparently only a handful of plastics were supported, and if your recyclables weren't clean, they had to be put in the trash. They claimed that most of the stuff people were trying to recycle went to the dump, costing more money than it was worth. Finally, we're voting to have it reinstated this year, so fingers crossed! 

Announcements