cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find AND delete duplicate photos on laptop

67champ
Apprentice

Hello,

Does anyone here have any working knowledge or experience on how to search for and delete duplicate jpeg's and jpg's on a PC with Windows 10?  

I purchased a new laptop and copied photos from my old computer and backup photos from a external harddrive to my new laptop.  Result is I now have several duplicate photos in several different files/folders I dont really need.  (too many dups)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

67champ
Apprentice

I found several software solutions for this task but decided for now I would first just organize my folders and manually delete duplicate photos for now.  I do like the looks of several: pictureecco, duplicatephotosfixer, duplicatephotocleaner, ccleaner, Visipics, duplicatecleanerpro.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is a free app Gemini 2. I have no personal experience with it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the thought but I was hoping someone had experience with something.  Oh well...

67champ
Apprentice

I found several software solutions for this task but decided for now I would first just organize my folders and manually delete duplicate photos for now.  I do like the looks of several: pictureecco, duplicatephotosfixer, duplicatephotocleaner, ccleaner, Visipics, duplicatecleanerpro.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements