cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Setting up Wireless Printer

fdm2000
Contributor

I have the MX870 unit running on WinXP SP3. I recently changed the wireless router and now my printer will not operate from my laptop. For some reason the printer will not accept the settings that I previously used for the lan network. The access point is correct, but when I enter the passphrase (password) I get an error message that cannot connect to the access point.

This is confusing as my laptop and TV have both satisfactorily connected with the same settings being used for the printer.

The only thing I can think of is a problem with the passphrase entry. The passphrase is a number followed by seven letters and when setup originally the letters were small case. When I enter the letters they are in upper case and I see no way to use low case when entering the password. Am I overlooking something?

Any input would be appreciated.

Frank

2 REPLIES 2

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi fdm2000,

Putting the passphrase in the incorrect case would definately cause the problem you are running into.  To change the case on the pritner from uppercase to lowercase or vice versa, press the * key when you are prompted to enter the passphrase.  When you press the * key you should see it cycle between uppercase, lowercase, and numbers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Karl, after posting my query, I discovered the that the * changes not only the numeric and abc values but the upper and lower case values.

Thanks for responding with a solution.

Frank

Announcements