cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot scan to computer

missden
Apprentice

Hope someone can help me. I had problems with my printer so I uninstalled and reinstalled. I now cannot scan to my computer. The message cannot read or write, code 8,252,1 comes up. The port is fine. not sure what else to check. My printer is a Cannon MP560. Tia.

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi missden,

To best determine what may be occurring, please let us know if you are using a wireless or USB connection, as well as the version of Windows or Mac in use.  We can definitely check into a few things, but the operating system will be needed to ensure the most accurate information is provided!  Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing back from you!

Hi, windows version is XP and using usb connection although my husbands laptop is connected to the printer using a wireless connection. When  I reinstalled using the disk I can no longer print from the web or scan to computer. Thanks for your help.

Hi missden,

The first thing I would recommend is to ensure that the printer is connected directly to a native USB port on the back of the computer.  If it is not, it may not have proper communication to your computer.  You can also try a different USB cable if you have one available. 

Should the issue persist, the unit should be reinstalled.  Please perform the following to do so:

1.  Put the PIXMA MP560's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it. 

2.  Click on Start and then Run.  If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:

2-1.  Click Start.

2-2.  Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.

2-3.  Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.

2-4.  In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.

2-5.  Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.

2-6.  Click OK in the Properties window.

3.  Click Browse.  In the browse window, click on My Computer. 

4.  In the window to the right, double click the CANON_IJ CDROM. 

5.  Double click the folder named WIN

6.  Double click the folder named Driver.

7.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

8.  Double click the file named DELDRV. In the Run box click ok.  Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.

9.  Once complete, restart the computer.

10.  Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MP560.  The setup program will start automatically.

11.  If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.

12.  Click on Easy Install.

13.  When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install.

14.  Select Use the Printer with USB and click Next.

15.  Read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.

16.  Click Next on the Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes screen.

17.  At the Printer Detection screen, connect the USB cable when prompted to insert.

18.  Click Next on the Setup Preparations screen.

19.  When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click Next.

The installation will complete.  You should now be able to use your PIXMA MP560 again. 

Announcements