cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodness they make posting a new message here hard!

TheTrumpernator
Apprentice

How buried can it be in a sub-menu?

Why not offer the chance to post something on the header page once logged in and then ask us to choose which section of the board to post it under?

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I feel the layout is functional and straight forward.  Pick the section you want to post your qestion under and press New Message.  We are all entitiltled to our opinions.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

You are SO correct....

why post at all .... you will not get much help anyway.

@GrayGhost wrote:
why post at all .... you will not get much help anyway.

Depending on your product, and what you need, you will absolutely get help. If you need immediate help, however, you will want to log into your My Canon Account to discover your support options. 

Please see the Forum Guidelines if you have questions. 

Stephen - As the Moderator, could you simply answer his [and mine also] question rather than direct him to Canon Support? This response is frnakly baffling. 

Stephen

@TheTrumpernator wrote:

How buried can it be in a sub-menu?

Why not offer the chance to post something on the header page once logged in and then ask us to choose which section of the board to post it under?

The Forum is built the way it is for a handful of reasons. 

The first is organization. If you were to post everything on a main page, or a "Lobby," nobody would be able to find anything, so the usefulness of the forum would be zero. 

The second is to encourage you to search for your question prior to posting. If everyone were allowed to write their question before posting, there would be an unfathomable amount of duplicate or similar posts that, again, the Community would cease to be useful. 

Bear in mind, we (Canon USA) doesn't actually make the software that the Community is hosted on - it's created by an industry leader. This is a "best practices" method, to help things from becoming overwhelming to our users, and those of us who run things on the backend - otherwise, we'd have to manually move all of the messages around to ensure they go where they belong. That's not efficient, or free. 

I hope this helps! 

jdeitch11
Apprentice

I'm glad you figured out which sub menu to go to to post a message.  I haven't.  The faq says to click on "reply" near the top of the message list, but there is no "reply" anywhere other than that associated with a specific message.  Would you please tell me the incantation I need to intone and the key signature I need to sing it in?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have a new Image Class Printer and also cannot see how to post a Message on the Printer Subforum. 

As distressing is the attitude of the forum members who do not answer a good question and instead choose to belittle the questioner. [The condescending "This-Question-is-Beneath-Me" folks]

How about someone answer the question? Must one wait on hold for over an hour with Canon Support? 

Announcements