cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon order gets cancelled without notice

kokapranay
Apprentice

I placed an order (EOS R5) via phone on 6/14/2022 with 2 day shipping. I received an email confirmation as well. However i was told on 6/16/2022 by Canon that my order did not go through as the payment failed. I checked with my credit card company and they had approved the transaction. So, what is going wrong here???

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, kokapranay!  Our sales team will be glad to assist you with your order.  You can reach them by phone weekdays and Saturdays at 1-800-385-2155.  Be sure to have your order number ready when you call.

We hope to talk to you soon!

Hi Kokapranay,
did you got any response from canon Support team, I am also facing similar issue, i have placed the order after few minutes i got the order cancelled email from canon but the transaction was approved by credit card company. It happened twice and close to 3600$ is taken out from my credit card.

Same thing is happening to me today. They took my money, my bank confirmed the transaction and canon is blaming me and saying they cancelled the transaction.  

Hi!  In the event an order is cancelled, any charges on your card will be reversed promptly and you should get your money back.  Keep in mind that, depending on who issued your card, that could sometimes take as long as two billing cycles though it's often much faster than that.  If you have more questions, you can always contact our sales team at 1-800-385-2155.  They're open weekdays and Saturdays.

Hope this helps!

Hi Danny,

I also placed an order yesterday and I got an email that it is cancelled this morning without any reason

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In my many years buying directly from Canon, I've never had an order I placed canceled.  The system is automated for the most part. I do know that orders can be canceled if there's a problem processing payment.  I would check with my financial institution.  It could be something as simple as fraud protection.  

You can also use the number Danny provided above to contact the sales team.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hal_beisel
Apprentice

Happened to me today! Same story. Declined by CC, but my CC company said it was approved. Super annoying as I need this asap. They should expedite these orders that are canceled due to their issue 

I just had the same thing happen to me. I ordered a camera at 1030am, and at 11:45am got an email saying the order has been canceled, but does not list a reason.  I've called the canon service line 5 times, sit on the call for at least an hour and then the call gets disconnected.  Did you ever resolve your issue? I'm trying to get a black friday deal, so I can't really wait until after the fact.  My Credit card has not received any info about it (as in, they did not reject the order). I'm at a loss as to what to do. 

Same here. They never answer the phone. I contacted the online service and their reply was: The order was automatically canceled during our verification process. For security reasons, we aren't provided specific details. If you’d like to place a new order, I recommend calling us at 800-385-2155. Agents are available until 9:00 pm ET. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As expected, it doesn't explain anything and I just placed another order. Hopefully this time it will be successful. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements