cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus "Canon" Email?

Davoud
Enthusiast

Did anyone else receive what appears to be a bogus email from "no-reply@notice.ihub.image.canon"?

"Thank you for using Digital Photo Professional (DPP).
We would like to inform you that important information regarding “higher-performance noise reduction processing using network service [Canon Cloud Imaging] (only EOS -1D X Mark III RAW still images are supported)".

[Phenomenon]
When you try “Sign in with your email”, you might not be available for this service.

[Workaround]
Please sign in using "Google/Facebook/Apple/Twitter/LINE" with the same e-mail address as Canon ID.

Since your Canon ID * account has been maintained, you can continue to use other Canon services that support Canon ID.
*Canon ID is a personal account used to access Canon websites, services, and apps, and to configure Canon cameras and printers.

[Notes]
Please do not reply to this e-mail directly, as this address is used only for Canon to send e-mails to our customers"

Bad syntax, incomplete sentence, bad punctuation, no Canon graphics... Yet it doesn't contain any links or make it clear what the sender expects. The meaning of "...sign in using "Google/Facebook/Apple/Twitter/LINE" is unknown to me.

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
Got it to two of my emails that I have used at image.canon

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Davoud wrote:

Did anyone else receive what appears to be a bogus email from "no-reply@notice.ihub.image.canon"?

"Thank you for using Digital Photo Professional (DPP).
We would like to inform you that important information regarding “higher-performance noise reduction processing using network service [Canon Cloud Imaging] (only EOS -1D X Mark III RAW still images are supported)".

[Phenomenon]
When you try “Sign in with your email”, you might not be available for this service.

[Workaround]
Please sign in using "Google/Facebook/Apple/Twitter/LINE" with the same e-mail address as Canon ID.

Since your Canon ID * account has been maintained, you can continue to use other Canon services that support Canon ID.
*Canon ID is a personal account used to access Canon websites, services, and apps, and to configure Canon cameras and printers.

[Notes]
Please do not reply to this e-mail directly, as this address is used only for Canon to send e-mails to our customers"

Bad syntax, incomplete sentence, bad punctuation, no Canon graphics... Yet it doesn't contain any links or make it clear what the sender expects. The meaning of "...sign in using "Google/Facebook/Apple/Twitter/LINE" is unknown to me.

I did. I do not think it is bogus.

If you don't have a 1D X Mark III you can't use the cloud processing, but if you select Cloud->Log in in DPP4 you get thsi popup:

Screenshot 2021-07-12 195413.jpg

I was still able to log in just using my email, so I didn't have to revert to one of the other processes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ah, so. Thanks.

t told me I am "NOT AUTHORIZED" to sign into the Cannon Forum.  But Im here!

Something HINKY is going on.  I couldnt sign in on the email I got to get here, but when I clicked on the MESSAGE, it tooke me here, already signed in. 

WEIRD!

If anybody KNOWS WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON, Id Appreciate a reply with some kind answers?

My first guess is that it is a time zone problem with cookie expiration times. That is where I would look first if it were my code.
---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

Ive had that happen a few times (when I put a cantankerous response) and thought they banned me.  Which would have been stupid b.c I didnt say anything bad or against the rules of posting.

I think its just a glitch they cant reproduce to fix.  Ive been able to sign in from the email too.  But sometimes I need to fiddle around to find a way in. 

Its MOSTLY just b.c the MODERATORS DONT DO A VERY GOOD JOB on this site at ALL.  They dont monitor or comment on photos (unless its obviously a professional) who doesnt NEED the critique (and fill their egos even more)

The ones who need OBVIOUS help they are DEAD SILENT.  I think they need a MASSIVE RE-DO of this site for it to be of value for everyone who wants to be in a community of ppl who KNOW what to say.  Offer HELP to those who need it.  TIPS and TRICKS etc.  But they dont.  

I doubt they even check thier threads.\

Ive had the "NOT AUTHORIZED" when trying to sign in here too, just to see the email that was posted!  I would give this site a 1 star out of 5.  Its as if they could care less if they sell more equipment or not.  Missed opportunity to help inspire new photographers and old.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements