cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed

bobarola
Apprentice

I have a CanoScan LiDE 210 that I've been using for the last two years at least.  I recently used it about a week ago and had no issues with it.  For some reason when I tried using it today through MP Navigator and Solution Menu it doesn't work.  I get an error from Solution Menu where only the help features are available to be clicked and from MP Navigator it tells me that it cannot start.

I have tried reinstallation and even the driver update available from your site.  I'm not sure what the issue coudl be anymore.  I know it can start and the bulb works fine because when I plut the usb in my computer recognizes it and for a short while the scanner will light up, but that is all.  

I'd appreciate any and all help.

30 REPLIES 30

Crista
Whiz

Hi bobarola!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit

thanks a lot

Hello, am I getting any help on this at all?  I'm even on the support hotline for whatever help I can get regarding this issue, still on the phone waiting and listening to this music, no human on the other end at all.  My solution menu ex opens with my scanner not present as an option to select.  When I open the MP Navigator it says there was an error and that it only supports [a list of scanners] and gives me a checklist of what to go throguh to resolve the issue, none of which works.  When I run a test on the scanner it says it works fine, but I can't scan!

I'd really like to be able to start scanning again soon and this lack of response anywhere really doesn't help.  I've even taken to the internet to try to find resolutions.  The resolutions there aren't any help since the solutions people found don't necessarily apply to me or they don't work.  

I've been on hold for about 15 minutes now so this is turning into a pain.

Hello bobarola,

We see your post from ealier and hope that you receive feedback from our forum community. However, if this is a time-sensitive matter, we'd suggest reaching out to our technical support team through the following link: Contact Us.

The forums are not intended for immediate support.

Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem. EXACTLY THE SAME description,

I tried everything - reis=nstalled everything yet I get the message "

A driver supporting Solution Menu EX is not installed"

Canon has a problem.  Some recomend all kind of installations. I trie dclean and the problem is comming back - nothing solved.

To add ... I have a CanonScan LiDE 210

Having searched this issue on the internet I now believe this is  around for long time and still unresolved.

I wonder how much responsible is a company like Canon in resolving this. A multibilion dollar comapany and iresponsive.

I was thinking my next stop to be for a Canon multifuncion printer after my 18 years HP started showing problems but now I am very skeptical.

Seen Canon as incompetent as this I have to think twice before I buy another Canon product. (so far I bough three Cannon scanners and this is a big problem for me.

I guess Cannon will suggesst to call their technical support (for a fee likely) and this for what purpose? The fee will cost more than teh product an dif their techical people know the solution to tell me then why not fixing it in teh first place? For a problem that they know for long time and they do nothing to fix it they want to charge?

Their error message says there is a driver not installed. OK Canon. Be more specific. YOur error message is ho help. It is simply useless. Tell me which driver is not installed and I'll do the rest.

Hi, GTjionas!

If your printer problem is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).  There is never any charge for our technical support, regardless of the product's age or warranty status.

We look forward to your call!

Announcements