Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

M50 touch screen not responding

[ Edited ]

i just bought a brand new canon M50. the touch screen was only fuctioning properly when i turned on the camera for the first time, while trying to set the time. At the bottom left side of the screen when i shoot smth seems it has been turned off, how can i turn it on/activate it?

VIP

Re: M50 touch screen not responding

@pasxalis wrote:

i just bought a brand new canon M50. the touch screen was only fuctioning properly when i turned on the camera for the first time, while trying to set the time. At the bottom left side of the screen when i shoot smth seems it has been turned off, how can i turn it on/activate it?

Try switching the camera to P mode on the shooting dial, and look in the menu for the option to reset the camera back to factory defaults.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

when i took out the battery for the whole night and the ssd card the next morning, the camera started fuctioning properly.however when i used  put my eye in the viewfinder, it again started not to function

VIP

@pasxalis wrote:

when i took out the battery for the whole night and the ssd card the next morning, the camera started fuctioning properly.however when i used  put my eye in the viewfinder, it again started not to function

Does it work when your eye is not at the viewfinder?  Many cameras have a sensor that disables the touch screens when it detects, or thinks, someone looking through a viewfinder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."