cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon software no longer works after upgrade from Mohave to Catalina

snappers
Apprentice
My Canon supplied camera software no longer works on my MacBook Pro after upgrade from Mohave OS to Catalina OS v10.15. That's including the EOS Utility, CameraWindow, Style Editor and Digital Photo Professional.
Apple Support says the Mohave was the last Operating System to still be compatible with 32-bit apps. Apple's MAC OS Catalina version is only compatible with 64-bit apps.

I need to find out if my Canon software is 32-bit, and if so, that would explain the problem. If so, will Canon provide downloads of the 64-bit software? If not, what is the solution to open RAW files from my 5DMIII and I guess I'll have to use an alternative software like Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperature?
10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@snappers wrote:
My Canon supplied camera software no longer works on my MacBook Pro after upgrade from Mohave OS to Catalina OS v10.15. That's including the EOS Utility, CameraWindow, Style Editor and Digital Photo Professional.
Apple Support says the Mohave was the last Operating System to still be compatible with 32-bit apps. Apple's MAC OS Catalina version is only compatible with 64-bit apps.

I need to find out if my Canon software is 32-bit, and if so, that would explain the problem. If so, will Canon provide downloads of the 64-bit software? If not, what is the solution to open RAW files from my 5DMIII and I guess I'll have to use an alternative software like Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperature?

Annotation 2019-10-21 062053.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements