cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX error code 20

inkjunkie
Enthusiast

Was outside chasing my dogs around the yard. I had my Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 lens with a Sigma 2x t/c behind it and got an error code 20....any ideas would be much appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@inkjunkie wrote:

Was outside chasing my dogs around the yard. I had my Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 lens with a Sigma 2x t/c behind it and got an error code 20....any ideas would be much appreciated...

A potential mechanical problem.

https://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/infobank/camera_settings/eos_error_codes_and_messages...

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...got an error code 20....any ideas would be much appreciated..."

First remove the Sigma products from the 1DX. Remove the battery for a while. Make sure it is charged and reinsert it. Clear all settings even custom settings. Make sure you are back to default settings. Try the 1DX with a Canon brand lens (no off brand anything installed in or on the camera). ((Includes the battery))

Error 20 is not good. If what I suggested did not help call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

BTW, I use that combo minus the tel-con all the time. I avoid tele extenders if at all possible and you should too. I am very careful to handle it by the lens only. Never by the 1DX. The big Siggy is just way too heavy to ever hold it by the camera. Did you do that while "chasing my dogs around the yard." ? The 1DX is a brute and very tough but even it has its limit.

If you need more lens consider the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens.  It is almost a twin to the 120-300mil.  You will feel right at home with.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements