Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: 1DX Mk II firmware 1.1.6

@wq9nscwrote:

AF micro-adjustment isn't part of the settings file because the primary idea behind these is you can move your preferred setup easily to other 1DX M2 cameras that you own and the micro adjustment fine tuning will vary by body. 

Rodger 

I have not checked for that, but it doesn’t make sense to me.  What if I wanted to back up my camera’s settings?  Losing all of my AFMA settings does not sound appealing.  As far as transferring settings to a new body goes, clearing AFMA settings is easy to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Super Contributor

I read the manual in depth and it appears AF microadjustment IS saved as one of the settings.  So you can keep those settings safe on a card.

I put mine in a spreadsheet for future reference in case I need to re-enter the values.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M2, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your help.  It's much appreciated and has answered my questions. 

Take care,

Mike in South Dakota