cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T5 has "worm" blemish on my pictures: What might be causing this?

shannonrich5969
Apprentice

I noticed that my pictures have been showing a "worm" like blemish on my pictures recently. Can someone tell me what may be causing this?? You can see the "worm" on top of pic in the middle kind of too the right. IMG_5894.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yep.  Foreign debris on the sensor.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

People are going to get tired of me saying this, but if you are at the Canon Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque the first week of October, Canon will be there cleaning sensors for free.

And you get to see the balloons! Every photographer needs to do it once.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That is most likely a piece of dust on the image sensor.  The proper way to remove it is with a bulb blower, like those made by Rocket Blower.  Whatever you do, do not huff and puff, and blow it out with your mouth.  Your breathe is full of moisture particles.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I bought a cheap cleaning Canon cleaning kit...very basic but should i buy a better blower and swabs to clean it? I am afraid to clean it myself but to save money i would learn to do it myself. 

@shannonrich5969 wrote:

I bought a cheap cleaning Canon cleaning kit...very basic but should i buy a better blower and swabs to clean it? I am afraid to clean it myself but to save money i would learn to do it myself. 

Based on your inexperence, I would stay away from swabs, and stick strictly to the blower.  If the blower does not cure it, which i am pretty sure it will, then have it professionally cleaned.

When you use a blower, make sure to hold the camera pointing downward, so that any foreign objects all out of the body.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does this happen no matter what lens is mounted on the camera? Have you removed the lens and tried using an air puffer to blow the body and rear of the lens clean?

I'd say hair, lint or dirt on the sensor.  Make a cursory inspection before inspecting the sensor.

**EDIT seems we both agree...  posted at the same time.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have two lens, and BOTH are showing this "worm" on it. 😞

Yep.  Foreign debris on the sensor.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

People are going to get tired of me saying this, but if you are at the Canon Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque the first week of October, Canon will be there cleaning sensors for free.

@kvbarkley wrote:

EOS 6D2017_07_099931.jpg

Announcements