cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam utility services not available

xpher
Apprentice

Hello there, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please help me resolve the issue of not being able to use my Canon EOS R with the EOS webcam utility. Attached are pictures of two different Asus F15 laptops one with the most recent windows 11 updates and the other one running windows 11 but not updated for some time now. Both have the latest version of webcam utility software. The laptop that is not updated (for windows) seems to work fine with the application and shows a disconnected image on screen when not connected with the camera whereas the updated one doesn't show camera image nor does it show a disconnected image, it remains the same whether if the camera is connected or disconnected. Another acer laptop that used to work fine with the application two months back is not working now and does not show a disconnected image. I watched a couple of videos where a similar issue occured due to EOS utility app running in the background but I do not have EOS utility installed in my case. Please update me on any fixes for the same.

Thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-24 at 3.04.58 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-24 at 3.04.58 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-24 at 3.04.57 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-24 at 3.04.56 PM.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the temporary unavailability of our services due to server migration. We're happy to let you know that everything is back up and running smoothly. Please contact support if you are still experiencing issues. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday. Thank you for your continued support!

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello xpher,

There was an issue with using the Pro features we discovered earlier. This issue has been resolved at this point. We ask that you clear your browser cache and cookies. If the problem persists, please feel free to post here and we will inform our software team of your particular issue. 

Announcements