cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam utility doesn't detect the camera

MIXERAWE
Apprentice

Hello guys!

I have a 1200D , I tried to connect it to my pc as a webcam, whenever I start the zoom, discord, or any webcam app, I keep getting EOS Webcam Utility logo, and my camera has a black screen without any icon, i tried every possible solution and it didn't work, when I tried to connect the camera to my laptop as a webcam it worked without an issues and without installing any drivers,  I thought the problem was from EOS Utility(which was working perfectly meaning that the problem isn't from the cable), but even after Uninstalling it the problem still exist, please i need a solution before I format my pc

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

See this web page and scroll down to supported cameras list. If your camera is not on the list, it won't work with the webcam utility. I don't see the EOS 1200D on the list.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3qP964TagAMVMC7UAR28fQ4UEAAYA... 

Hi

I mentioned in my post that the camera worked succesfuly on my laptop, meaning that the camera is supported, in addition, canon cameras names in USA are defferent from those in europe my camera name in USA is EOS Rebel T5 and it's listed in the website of Canon USA that you've mentioned.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It works with your laptop, but not with your PC.  Did you build your own PC from a motherboard?  If so, then you have an issue with your PC not the Canon app or Canon camera.

I will not be able to help you.  Maybe someone else can help you troubleshoot your PC.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for replying 

i know that the issue is from my pc not the camera, but im trying to find somone with a similar problem who found a solution, if i didn't, I have to format my PC 😞

@MIXERAWE wrote:

Thanks for replying 

i know that the issue is from my pc not the camera, but im trying to find somone with a similar problem who found a solution, if i didn't, I have to format my PC 😞

There have been several new posts created by new members within the past 24-48 hours with similar issues with their home brewed PC platforms.  Their machines are not able to communicate with their Canon cameras using the USB port.  This is highly unusual.

One or more of them reported that all was well until a recent Windows update.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Please could you tell me how can i find these posts?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements