cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility not working under Mac OS Sonoma 14.5?

Stefan1
Contributor

Dear community,

My Mac upgraded to "Mac OS Sonoma 14.5". "EOS Utility 3.app" seems to connect fine, and the "Remote Shooting" / "live view shoot" feature seems to work just fine. But the rest doesn't: "EOS Webcam Utility Pro", Zoom, Teams etc. don't seem to connect and only show the "EOS Webcam Utility" home screen, instead of the usual camera stream.

So basically I can no more use the camera as a high-end webcam for which I am using the camera to record videos as I speak at online conferences. 

Any ideas what is happening? Is this indeed linked to the Mac OS Sonoma 14.5 upgrade? Any ideas for troubleshooting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is how to overcome that problem:

The EOS R6 is able to continue HDMI output passed the 30 minute cut off. To do that the camera will need to be in either P, Tv, Av, or M movie mode. Then press the Menu button, go to the eighth page under the red camera tab, select HDMI Display, and set it to the option that has camera and computer screen icons. Once you've done that go to the third page under the yellow wrench icon, select Power Saving, and double check that Auto Power Off is disabled.

Once both of those are set the camera will be able to continue the HDMI output beyond the 30 minute cut off. If you would like to reference the manual for information on that it is noted on page 353. If you need a copy of the current manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals tab and the one to reference is named EOS R6 Advanced User Guide.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I had to Register an account here just to say THANK YOU!!!! I have spent hours looking for answers through every forum.... yet the solution was so simple. Worked on my EOS Rebel SL2.

Kev4
Apprentice

I can't believe support at Canon is not responding to this. IOGEAR doesn't know what is going on, Apple tells me to update the Canon driver. But Canon is silent. Really crummy support here. 

This is a user supported site. If no one has experience with your product or software you may not get a response. 

You should register your product at the support site and call Canon Support. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

dd_chroma
Apprentice
I was able to get it working on Sonoma 14.6.1 for a brief moment - like about 10 minutes. 

I then updated EOS Utility to 3.18.5.13. But then the EOS Webcam Utility stopped working.

Have tried various things over the past hour but have not been able to make it work again.

A clue I could find was in Console by search for "eos". Unclear what it reveals but *may* suggest that there are possible exceptions halting proper function. Does anybody else see anything similar?

default 22:10:21.618388+1000 com.canon.cusa.eoswebcam.cameraExtension UNIX error exception: 3
default 22:10:22.624265+1000 EOSWebcamService CMIO_DAL_System.cpp:85:Get System unsuspended
default 22:10:22.624433+1000 com.canon.cusa.eoswebcam.cameraExtension CMIOExtensionProvider.m:3163:-[CMIOExtensionProvider setStreamPropertyValuesForClientID:streamID:propertyValues:reply:] <CMIOExtensionProvider>, <private>, propertyValues {
    "4cc_pids_glob_0000" = "";
}

The UNIX error exception: 3 reveals

com.canon.cusa.eoswebcam.cameraExtension (Security)

Subsystem: com.apple.securityd Category: security_exception

CMIO is related to Core Media IO

Now considering how I do a proper clean uninstall of both WebCam and EOS Utility to see if I can start from a clean state. 

dessita
Apprentice

I had this problem in May 2024 when Sonoma came on and I fixed it thanks to this blog post https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/10/25/what-to-do-if-your-webcam-doesnt-work-in-macos-sonoma 
I did it and it worked again.

Now in Aug 2024 my webcam stopped working again.
I have an 80D, with the latest firmware 1.0.3
I use it on a Macbook PRO M2 Sonoma
I have the latest version of the EOS Utility software updated here.

I use this camera with a USB cable (not HDMI) and it worked beautifully on Zoom, Streamyard etc.

Now in Aug2024 out of nowhere what is happening is:
- the camera is rightfully recognised when I open EOS Utility.
- I quit it so it doesn't clash with the other app such as Zoom etc
- when I open Zoom etc it gives me now permanently this screen (which is different from the screen I used to have in may 2024 or whenever it wouldn't recognise the camera due to a bad cable or such, which is this screen with a red x on a cable, meaning I didn't find a camera connected to the mac). So it's worse because now even if the cable isn't even connected, the screen remains the same, and the video just doesn't load or start

PLEASE HELP 

Captura de Tela 2024-09-05 às 19.02.48.png

Captura de Tela 2024-09-05 às 19.09.09.png

Announcements