cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility doesn't work with macOS Ventura

onderceylan
Contributor

Hi there,

I've recently upgraded to macOS 13 (Ventura) and EOS Webcam Utility doesn't work anymore. I tried both amd64 (EOS Webcam Utility 1.0) and arm64 (EOS Webcam Utility 1.1) versions, but none of them work properly.

EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 freezes, and EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 only works once after a system restart when camera is turned on and off a couple of times, but then system loses the connection with the device.

Please publish a fix of the software as soon as possible for your customers like me who are depending on the camera for their day to day work.

42 REPLIES 42

klerith
Apprentice

May 2023, still not working as Webcam on Mac Ventura, any fix or work around? 

jparhamtv
Contributor

So for my 5d MarkIV running Ventura 13.4.1 adding EOS Utility to open on login connecting the camera and turning it on. Then log out and log back in this worked for me. Good luck

mgmc
Apprentice

There is new version EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0.30. I am trying with Canon EOS R, and 1 time for 10 its working and rest time its not connecting. Is it possible that Canon can do something with that? I specially bought camera to connect with computer

harmerj7
Contributor

I just upgraded from EOSWebcamUtility-MAC1.1 to EOSWebcamUtilityPro-MAC2.0.30, and it doesn't work on my Mac anymore.  On Zoom or Google Meet, I get the "EOS Webcam Utility" error screen, but without the USB cable X indicator. I have no idea what that means. 
The regular EOS Utility software for remote shooting and such works fine, though.

MS_24
Apprentice

Well, it's 2024.

The EOS Webcam Utility still is not working. I've been looking and hoping for a fix to this because I (like many of us out there) video conference for work so frequently.

To be frank, I've been a strict Canon user for well over a decade. But this long-standing problem, with something as basic and essential as using my camera as my webcam, has led me to rethink my future use and purchases. Rather disappointing and disheartening.

I may have to move on from Canon altogether. And it's simply on principle: As users I don't think the onus is on us to figure out all these odd hacks and reinstalling and redownloading and restarting and rebooting... incredible. Ridiculous.

Thanks for joining the conversation, MS_24!  We recently released EOS Webcam Utility Pro v2.1 which now includes support for macOS Sonoma.  Learn more HERE.

Hope this helps!

I am using mac OS13 ventura. used EOS70D with EOSWebcamUtilityPro-MAC2.1.18 but USB is not identified. default.img screen. I used to be able to use it with my 70D and would like to be able to use it. I have been a CANON user for 50 years.

Thank you for your response. But, as with other users, it's still not working, even with the Pro. v2.1... and it's May 2024. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Anyway, thank you for replying either way.

Hello!

With the new update, some changes were made to the software, including which cameras are supported. Please visit https://Canon.us/livestream and scroll down to about the middle of the page to see the supported cameras and apps. 

My camera is supported. Updated everything. Uninstalled, registered, and re-installed everything. Still have the same issues as before. It's simply not working.

Personally, I am done with Canon. It's 2024 and this back and forth on the same issue – with something as ordinary as webcam camera use in this time – is actually quite strange. I've been a Canon user for years, but I think I'm moving on now. 

Thank you moderators for replying and trying to alleviate problems for so many users. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements