cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find EOS utility for EOS R8 for MAC Sonoma

bobatbullrun
Contributor

I went into the Canon USA website to download the Canon EOS Utility for my new Canon EOS R8.   After being asked to select my model and choosing the R8, I get a screen that correctly identifies my operating system as a Mac and asks me to select my operating system level.  After choosing Sonoma V14 (the latest version for my Macbook), the only file that is available to download is "Canon lookup table Version 201911".  I noticed there is an EOS Utility available if I select the older Ventura 13 macOS.   I downloaded this version and the installer does not seem to run.   I just get an initial screen with EUS 3.17.2 on it and nothing happens.  Can anyone help? 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go into System Settings->Privacy & Security->Full Disk Access and see if EOSU needs to be authorized.

It runs fine on my MacBook Air M2 w/Sonoma.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

bobatbullrun
Contributor

Update:  Operator error, I was able to install the Ventura version, although I still wonder why they don't have it listed for Sonoma.

Just got an email from a Product Expert that the EOS Webcam Utility is available for macOS Sonoma V14, but the main EOS Utility is still just listed for Ventura V13 (although it does seem to work so far in Sonoma).

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go into the Canon Utilities folder, then the EOS Utility folder, then EU3 folder and the EOS Utility 3 app directly and see if that works for you. It does for me. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

It still does not show the R8 version of the EOS utility for Sonoma V14, but it does have one for Ventura V13 and that works for me. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements