cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Still not Working After Update

johnmf
Apprentice

I have updated to the latest version of the Webcam utility 2.2.24 and have Sequoia 15.01 using an R6 with the latest version of the firmware 1.9.0. The system recognizes the camera, but the EOS utility does not see it.

Everything worked great before the Sequoia update.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

johnmf
Apprentice

I am not sure what changed, but everything is working great now. I did nothing different just tried starting the EOS Webcam again, and it recognized my R6 and started working; I did multiple Zoom sessions today with no problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Saintinhell
Apprentice

I am experiencing the same issue as you. Could you please clarify how to determine if the system recognizes the camera?

johnmf
Apprentice

There are two ways: I have a second drive that I boot from that has Sequoia and Parallels running on it, and I can run the Windows version of EOS Webcam, and it works fine. The second way is that I have Dropbox installed on my main drive, and when I plug the camera in, Dropbox sees it.

Last night, I also tried to install Sonoma on a different external drive and run the EOS Webcam utility, and again, everything worked. I just wanted to ensure it had nothing to do with hardware.

johnmf
Apprentice

I am not sure what changed, but everything is working great now. I did nothing different just tried starting the EOS Webcam again, and it recognized my R6 and started working; I did multiple Zoom sessions today with no problems.

Announcements