cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro not opening

dmoy2527
Contributor

I'm trying to use my Canon g7x as a webcam for podcast recording. The camera is working as a webcam via USB but I'd like to adjust the resolution in the EOS Webcam Utility window.

Every time I try to open it I get a white screen and need to force quit it to get out. I've deleted / re-downloaded the software and also have restarted my computer multiple times. I've also closed out of every application when trying to open it. Im using a MacBook pro. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 8.32.37 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The PowerShot G7x is not fully supported by the latest version of EOS Webcam Utility.  I do not believe any previous versions supported the G7x, either.  A list of supported cameras can be found at this link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility#model .

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 10.11.02 PM.png

I have the PowerShot G7x mark iii which is listed as compatible

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ I'm trying to use my Canon g7x as a webcam for podcast recording. The camera is working as a webcam via USB but I'd like to adjust the resolution in the EOS Webcam Utility window. “

The G7x mark III is supported, but the much older G7x is not.

What resolution is the output when you report that it is working?  What is the resolution that you are looking for the camera to provide?

I believe that most cameras will produce Full HD output.  Many of the entry and beginner level cameras only provide lower resolutions..  No camera is capable of provide it output resolutions higher than what it can record in video mode.

Contact Canon Support for the supported output resolutions for this camera model. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Right now it's showing up as 720p on the streaming service (Riverside FM)  and I'm looking to get it to 1080p. 

I've researched if theres a way to change the resolution through riverside but I seems like it needs to be done through the EOS Webcam Utility

Announcements