cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility (2.1.18) not working with MS Teams 2024

macbook-amateur
Apprentice

I've been using the paid version of EOS Webcam Utility Pro (2.1.18) to stream over Teams until today. After updating Teams to the most recent "version 24004 (24004.1204.2655.7488)" EOS Webcam Utility no longer recognizes Teams is actively streaming my camera. 

It's not a Teams issue, as Teams still displays EOS webcam utility feed as it should, albeit the "off air" fallback image. You can see this in a side-by-side screenshot here: My camera is active in EOS on the left. Teams is actively streaming the EOS feed on the right, but EOS doesn't understand the stream started yet.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 2.37.58 PM.png

Please advise on steps to remedy, or confirm this is an active bug you are tracking with EOS Webcam utility (2.1.18)

Thanks.

MBA

15 REPLIES 15

msoverland,

Have you tried disabling the integrated webcam? Something about the presence of more than one camera seems to cause problems. I found anther issue where this was the case. 🎥

-Tony

Hi Tony, I've disabled the camera notifications in the Terminal. How do you disable the integrated webcam?

tony34
Contributor

Same issue here. I find it peculiar the Canon team didn’t clear these issues prior to releasing the Webcam utility. Moreover, there’s really no information posted by Canon acknowledging this compatibility issue.

In  MacOs Security and Privacy settings, you'll have to disallow the Integrated Webcam access to all programs.

MacOs WebCam.jpg 

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 11.53.13 AM.pngStill no dice. Did that then Restarted and you can't use any camera in Teams or any other app.

Shucks!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements