cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Webcam utility and WiFi reconnection

bhauser
Contributor

Hi,

I plan on using an r10 as a webcam over Wifi.  I have just about everything working.  However, when I switch the camera off, then on again(to replace a battery for example) the webcam software fails to reconnect.  I have to reset everything and re-pair the camera to get the the utility to re-pair with the camera.

I use the cameras network menu to reconnect to my PC, and the camera appears to be reconnected from the cameras menu.  The webcam utility does not seem to recognize that the camera's reconnected..  Under the wireless camera setting menu, it shows me the the blue reconnect button (which just brings up instructions for using the camera's menu) and does not show the connected icon.

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know OBS doesn't reconnect easily if the camera disconnects and reconnects. I am thinking that what you are experiencing is normal.

Thanks,

Hopefully they'll fix this in future releases of the software.  For now, I'm just happy to have it working.

-Brian

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bhauser,

When the camera is powered off the wifi connection will be broken and will need to be re-established. One thing to double check in this case is which software you are using. We have two similarly named pieces of software.

Our import software named EOS Utility is able to connect to your camera through wifi, but that software does not have webcam capability. That software is to remotely control your camera or to import photos and videos you've already taken. Our webcam software is EOS Webcam Utility Pro and that software needs a USB connection. The webcam software is not able to connect to a camera through wifi.

If you need our webcam software that is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the current version is EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0.30. Once that is installed put the camera into movie mode, connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, open the EOS Webcam Utility software, and you will be able to see the video feed from the camera. Once you see that open your conferencing or streaming software and when you go to select the camera you will have an option for EOS Webcam Utility. Select that and it will start using the video feed from the camera.

Announcements