cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50: Camera detected in EOS Webcam Utility but not in other apps

Swazy
Apprentice

EOS Webcam Utility + Macbook Air M1

My camera works within the webcam utility app but does not get detected in any other app.

I’ve been searching for hours but nothing has worked. 

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Swazy!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am currently using the EOS M50

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Swazy,

If the video conferencing application or video streaming software shows the EOS Webcam option with the logo, but no live feed is present from the camera when selected, then let's check to see if there are any restrictions in place to where those applications are prevented from detecting the EOS Webcam Utility software. You may check to see if there is any security software on your computer that may be causing this issue.

Please check to see if there may be any other software running in the background that may be attempting to communicate with the EOS Webcam Utility software where it would prevent the software you are wanting to use from detecting the live feed.

If your video conferencing software is not displaying EOS Webcam Utility as a selectable option for a video source, then please uninstall the EOS Webcam Utility software, restart your computer, download the latest version from the Canon USA website and install it on your computer.

I use OBS and it doesn’t even detect the eos utility i’m thinking it could possibly be a restriction on my macbook air m1

Did you get a response. Im in a similar boat

Announcements