Canon EOS utility not working

SelinaLykke
Apprentice

I really don't get how there has been so many issues with this app for over 6 years now. I'm trying to use my camera as a webcam, it's working once, but randomly it doesn't work. I've looked through every forum, tried every "solution", uninstalled and reinstalled the canon apps a million times by now, yet nothing works.

This issue has been going on for 6+ years from what i can see in the forums, yet with no solution. Every single post the "solutions" are the same, yet they don't work for the majority of people. How come it still hasn't been fixed, when there's been known issues with the app for so many years?????

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

Are you talking about EOS Webcam Utility, or EOS Utility? Two different things. Webcam Utility  is not compatible with all cameras. What do you have?

Both of them are buggy, I have a canon R8, it has worked at times but it's like a roulette whether or not it works.

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings SelinaLykke,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Canon software. If you could, please specify which software application you are having issues with. Canon offers the EOS Utility application to allow users to connect their camera to their computer to download images and for remote shooting. Canon also offers the EOS Webcam Utility which allows users to use certain Canon cameras as a webcam.

I do see that you have stated that you are attempting to use your camera as a webcam. Please ensure that you are downloading and installing the EOS Webcam Utility on your computer and not the EOS Utility application. You may click on the following link to view available software for your operating system that is compatible with your Canon camera:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/software-and-drivers

If you continue to have issues, then please provide us with more information about the issue you are having. Please provide the steps taken to the point where the issue arises. Please also provide us with the camera model, your computer type and its operating system. Any additional information will be helpful.

Both of the applications are buggy, both have been installed and reinstalled several times, like I stated in my original post I have tried all the "solutions" suggested in the forums, yet not of them have helped, just like people have said for the last 6 years as I can see it's the same issue that has been going on for 6+ years.

Announcements