Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

canon eos rebel t3 no longer connects to eyefi mobi card

i have done a hard reset of my camera, re-enabled the connection, but still does not connect tl the card and transmit WiFi signal so i can transmit images
VIP

Re: canon eos rebel t3 no longer connects to eyefi mobi card

Sounds like a possibly bad card.  Try a regular card.  BTW, Canon does not provide support for 3rd party products.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Honored Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

Sounds like a possibly bad card.  Try a regular card.  BTW, Canon does not provide support for 3rd party products.

Canon doesn't make cards, do they? Is an EyeFi card more of a 3rd-party product than a Lexar or Sandisk card?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Canon doesn't make cards, do they? Is an EyeFi card more of a 3rd-party product than a Lexar or Sandisk card?

I'm not aware of any memory cards on the market under the Canon brand name.  In fact, Canon doesn't even include a memory card with their DSLR cameras.  Canon leaves the selection of brand and memory capacity up to the consumer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occasional Contributor

not a bad card.have 2. tried both
i KNOW canon does not support 3rd party. they kindly offered suggestions that did not work.
the same card once worked. no longer does
Occasional Contributor

Bob, EYEFI is a 3rd party card for wirelessly transmitting images from my camera to my iPad, iPhone iMac . It has functioned well over the years. Just quit transmitting, although still works well a a SD card. Canon support thinks it is a bad setting in the camera. EYEFI replaced the card when it stopped working,but still doe not connect
Occasional Contributor

Please refer to my reply toBobert
Honored Contributor

@ahhalperin wrote:
Bob, EYEFI is a 3rd party card for wirelessly transmitting images from my camera to my iPad, iPhone iMac . It has functioned well over the years. Just quit transmitting, although still works well a a SD card. Canon support thinks it is a bad setting in the camera. EYEFI replaced the card when it stopped working,but still doe not connect

Yeah, I know what an EyeFi card is. And based on my overall knowledge of WiFi, which is (or at least was) considerable, I'm a bit surprised that they work at all.

But my point was that since Canon apparently doesn't make cards, all cards used in their cameras are, by definition, third-party. And since a digital camera doesn't work without a card in it, Canon has to ensure that third-party cards see a consistent, reliable interface. So as long as an EyeFi card doesn't make unrealistic assumptions about a camera's functionality, Canon presumably has to support it as it does any other card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

[ Edited ]

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ahhalperin wrote:

Yeah, I know what an EyeFi card is. And based on my overall knowledge of WiFi, which is (or at least was) considerable, I'm a bit surprised that they work at all.

But my point was that since Canon apparently doesn't make cards, all cards used in their cameras are, by definition, third-party. And since a digital camera doesn't work without a card in it, Canon has to ensure that third-party cards see a consistent, reliable interface. So as long as an EyeFi card doesn't make unrealistic assumptions about a camera's functionality, Canon presumably has to support it as it does any other card.

Canon is not obligated to support any manufacturer's memory card.  Canon supports a communication standard for the memory card slot, which the memory card manufacturers' products also support.

To the OP:

As far as Wi-Fi goes, support for those products is not clear.  There seems to have been an accommodation for one, or more, brand of card in a handful of Canon products.  The following is from a Rebel T5 manual, which is typical for most Canon Gear.

Rebel_T5_Eye-Fi_Cards.PNG

Canon does not guarantee that the cards' Wi-Fi functionality will work.  Cards can, and do, eventually fail.  You say that you have gotten years worth of use form a single card.  You got your money's worth, I'd say.

[EDIT]  Just to be absolutely clear.  The memory card slot in the cameras is designed to conform to an international standard.  That standard DOES NOT INCLUDE Wi-Fi functionality, which is why Canon cannot officially support Eye-Fi cards.

VIP

@ahhalperin wrote:
not a bad card.have 2. tried both
i KNOW canon does not support 3rd party. they kindly offered suggestions that did not work.
the same card once worked. no longer does

I repeat, try using a regular card.  You need to first determine whether or not the camera is working properly without the EYE-FI card.