07-02-2019 06:30 PM
I have not been able to connect my rebel sl2 using the usb to any windows 10 PC; I've tried 3 different PCs. It makes the sound that I've connected a device but nothing happens after that. I continue to get the same errors in device manager (screenshot below). I understand that if installed properly it should show up under "portable devices" but nothing is there. I also can't see the memory card in file explorer.
I've tried the following:
- Multiple USB cords including the canon brand IFC-400PCU
- Different USB ports on multiple PCs
- Tried reformatting the memory card
- Connecting with and without the memory card. When there is a memory card in the camera it tends to freeze and says "busy" when I press any of the buttons
- Uninstalling the "unknown USB device" in device manager but every time I plug the camera in again the same error/device shows up
- Installed the windows MTP update (saw that this helped in another thread)
- Reinstalled the firmware on the camera
- Turned off wifi on camera
- Turned off auto shutdown on camera
- Installed the most up to date EOS Utility however, this seems like a driver/hardware problem and not a software issue
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-02-2019 06:57 PM
Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer
- Windows 8: Right-click on the [Start] screen, and then click [All Programs] displayed on the lower right of the screen. [EOS Utility] will be displayed on the [Apps] screen.
- Windows 8.1: Click on the bottom left of the [Start] screen to display the [Apps] screen, and then click [EOS Utility].
- Mac OS X: Click the [EOS Utility] icon on the Dock.
IMPORTANTIf you start EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 before connecting the camera to the computer, the [EOS Utility Launcher] screen (shown in the example image below) will be displayed. In this case, please click [Close], and connect the camera to the computer after the window has closed.
NOTEBy default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer. If you wish to change the destination for the downloaded images, click [Preferences] and specify the settings in the dialog box.
If you click [Select and download], you can select the images you want and download them to your computer from the cameras memory card. For the details, please see the "Downloading selected images" section below.
NOTEIf you wish to edit images using Digital Photo Professional or ImageBrowser EX, refer to the individual software instruction manuals.
07-04-2019 06:16 PM
UPDATE: Turns out the camera was deffective; even though it was brand new. I think there was something wrong with the USB port on the camera itself. I've replaced the camera and now have no issues connecting to all my computers.