cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel xti not recognized by computer

SMalliam
Contributor

Hello, 

just upgraded to windows 10 and now computer wont recognize camera through canon software. Re-installed software but still doesnt recognize camera. Any help?

Thanks

-Stephen

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you in EU.?  W10 in EU doesn't come with media kit. You can download at no cost from Microsoft website. 

If if that doesn't apply, does computer recognize a card reader?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

SMalliam
Contributor
Maybe I'm slow but what do you mean by EU? The computer will recognize the card if you go through the files but says not compatible when plug into usb through image browser EX that comes with camera. Used to work on Windows 8 but not now. Thanks

EU=European Union.

So, if you plug the card into card reader on computer it recognizes the files, but if you plug the camera into the computer and try and use Image Browser it doesn't work?

Is the error saying that Image Browser is not compatible or does Image Browser work and IB is saying files are not compatible?

If you plug camera in and turn it on can you see the camera in Windows Explorer under My Computer?

The more info you provide the community the more likely someone will be able to help you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

SMalliam
Contributor
Ah ok no I'm the the USA. And yeah the card, camera whatever is plugged into the computer will read the images. Image browser works but it says the camera isn't compatible? Used to be able to just plain in camera and then the image browser would automatically download latest pics taken through the image browser. Now comes up with that little message , camera not compatible, even though same computer, same camera, and same browser. So I figured has to be something with Windows 10.

Could be. The Canon support site doesn't list Image Browser download if W10 is selected as the OS.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

SMalliam
Contributor
So I guess that means there is no solution o this issue yet ?

I don't know. You can call Canon directly. 1800OKCANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

SMalliam
Contributor
Ok thanks for the help I'll try them
Announcements