cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r5 losing eye dectection

pjscott51
Enthusiast

Hi, I’m shooting with my r5 to shoot pictures of a luncheon. I shoot a few pictures wait a little then shoot more pictures. When I go to shoot more pictures I noticed that I’ve lost eye detection. I have AF method set to tracking, Subject to detect People and Eye detection Enable. When I checked the settings AF method has changed to Spot AF and Eye detect is disabled. I’m shootng with the rf 24mm-105. The firmware is ver. 1.8.1. Is there something that I’m doing that's causing this problem?

Thanks,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisBadgley
Apprentice

It appears that there might be an issue with the camera's settings or firmware. Ensure that you are not accidentally changing the AF method or disabling eye detection while shooting. Consider updating the camera's firmware to the latest version available, as it may include bug fixes or improvements. If the issue persists, contact Canon support for further assistance in troubleshooting the specific problem with your Canon R5 camera.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What shooting mode are you starting in?  Automatic, Manual Tv, etc.  Do you have any buttons programmed for custom control?  Camera settings do not typically change on their own. When unexpected behavior does occur we usually recommend resetting the camera's main and custom settings. then retesting.

Since you are already using the latest version of firmware for the camera 1.8.1, try the settings reset, test and report back.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

pjscott51
Enthusiast

Hi, I've used both TV and Manual with the results being the same. I don't have any custom controls set. I'll try resetting the camera's main control and see what happens.
I appreciate your response,

Paul

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Paul,

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements