cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my t4i will not read any SD cards

evanjamesmommy
Apprentice

When I try to take a picture, it says: "Card cannot be accessed.  Reinsert/change card or format card with camera."

So, I try to format the cards, and it says "Cannot format.  Change card."

I have used both these cards before and never had a problem, this just happened all of the sudden.

I even tried re-formatting the cards on my computer, but no luck.

21 REPLIES 21

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi evanjamesmommy, I recommend contacting us for assistance. For contact options, please use this link: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Richard wrote:
Hi evanjamesmommy, I recommend contacting us for assistance. For contact options, please use this link: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't think I'd hold my breath waiting for "evanjamesmommy" to click the button. It's been more than two years since she posted to this thread.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

This seems to be a common problem with canon cameras. I have had my T4i for three years now and today is the first day it will no longer read memory cards. Have tried 3 different cards all have the same result they will not work in the camera. 

yoitscoach
Apprentice

It sure is a problem.  Same thing happened to me, in about the same timeframe.  No wonder it was a cheaper camera than its comparable competitors -- shoddy components.  There is no way the card reader should fail so for so many people, without any damage or abuse to the camera whatsoever.  More like a scamera.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You know that thread is 6 years old?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

yoitscoach
Apprentice

Of course I do, but the need to vent never grows old.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

And, that the T4i has been out of production for 10 years?

EB

yoitscoach
Apprentice

Of course, but if the camera has had light use, it should still have the capability to read an so card. Your comments do little for the situation other than pointing out obvious, yet not insightful facts. Ever tried helping anyone here or do you just enjoy trolling too much?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Facts, just the facts.  The first comment was to hint a suggestion that you start your own new thread that is not 6 years old but apparently it fell on deaf ears. The second was to offer, repair by Canon is probably not going to happen on a 10 year old out of production Rebel.

"Ever tried helping anyone here or do you just enjoy trolling too much?"

I'll keep that in mind.  😉

EB

yoitscoach
Apprentice

If it was truly your intention to help with your original reply, simply add, "so you should probably start a new thread to get more replies" or words to that effect, not just state that the thread is 6 years old. Otherwise your comment could easily be taken as just mocking a lowly "Apprentice" who has not yet achieved the lofty status of "Legend".

Announcements