cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live video image upside down

Kirk5475
Apprentice

I have a Canon 600D, T3i and I am trying to use the Live HD Video with a non-Canon lens and viewing on a 23" hd Monitor. The image is reversed and even when I change the settings on the camera to "flip" the image, it will not do it.  I have a friend who has the same camera and lens he does not have this issue.  Is there something I can do to resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have a friend who has the same camera and lens he does not have this issue."

Not thinking any more than that statement, I would say it is the monitor and not the camera and lens!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, but we use different monitors.  I have no issues here. 

If he places an object in the bottom right corner of the FOV, it shows up upside down in the top left corner.  ie, placing a pencil (like an arrow) under the lens on the bottom right side pointing up, it shows up in the top left corner pointing down.  There s no monitor control to flip the image, but there is with the T3i.   It has a built-in 3" screen that can flip over.  This setting keeps the image erect on the view screen and it has a selection to do the same with a monitor as well.  I have this setting turned on, and I'm not having his issue.

Announcements