cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon eos rebel (100d) flashlight quickly flashing

deathfry
Apprentice

good day, dear supporters. Please DO NOT RETURN ME TO MY LOCAL CANON DEALER! I am from Russia, from city Nizhny Novgorod. I have bought a Canon Eos 100d (in USA it called Rebel) camera and it has problems: in different types of taking photo options (manual or auto) while pressing the button to take a photo flashlight start to flash very quick and the trigger button cannot be pressed it simply do not take photo. I can send you a video of it if you let me.
I came to a shop, where I buy this camera and they send it to a warranty center.
The center return the camera and says that it's normal and it's standart situation.
Could you please tell me sure is it normal or not? They say it is normal - the flashlight could start quick flashing if it is dark so it take the autofocus, BUT!!!! it doesn't let me take a photo! And even in MANUAL autofocus it won't let me to take a photo!
As I have already said I have a video of such behaviour.
The another problem is in warranty center - they can't answer very quick, I am waiting for answers via Email for weeks!

Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It sounds like it is the focus assist light.

Are you in darker conditions when that happens?

Does it work OK in daylight outdoors?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you set the lens to 'manual' and the camera mode dial to 'manual', it should take a picture no matter what the actual conditions are.  Whether in-focus or out-of-focus, it should snap the shot.

If it does not than something is truly wrong with the camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

deathfry
Apprentice

I am so sorry it took me so long to answer...

So, as I see you have decided it's normal...I have the video of the problem on this Rebel Camera, i put it on online stream video, so please take a look and finally say me - it' s ok, no need to worry? 

http://vimple.co/01194bc35a484e54a36fc221b4fac9b7

well, it's ok? 

"If you set the lens to 'manual' and the camera mode dial to 'manual', it should take a picture no matter what the actual conditions are.  Whether in-focus or out-of-focus, it should snap the shot.

If it does not than something is truly wrong with the camera."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

When you say "flashlight", I wonder if you are referring to the blinking light on the front of the camera when the delay-timer is activated.  

For example, you can set the camera to delay (count-down timer) for 10 seconds before it takes the shot.  When you use that mode, you'll see a light begin to flash on the front of the camera body... as it gets to the end of the 10 seconds, the light will start flashing faster... and finally the camera will take the shot.

See:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142033

You may want to reset the camera back to factory default settings.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

When you say "flashlight", I wonder if you are referring to the blinking light on the front of the camera when the delay-timer is activated.  

No, I mean light that helps camera to take photo in a dark place.

Have you seen the video I attached? The behaviour of the flashlight is shown in this video

Announcements