EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1 and Image Stabilized lenses

I recently returned to shooting 35mm again and came into an EOS-1 (1st-gen) which I've been shooting with my Nifty Fifty (fun!), but found myself missing the red focus dot and wanting an IS lens, specifically the EF 35mm f/2 IS and EF 100mm f/2.8L IS...

perry_j by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 50D: Error #50

Hello everyone, I am the happy owner of an old model, EOS 50D, which shows a Error #50. I have tried everything and brought it to Canon Support.Unfortunately, they do not fix this model anymore, and suggested to find someone else to fix it (probably ...

Louis1 by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Macro photo exposure 700D

When taking a photo of an insect on a plant I wish to set aperture at around f18 and shutter speed at around 1/250 to freeze subject movement. This means setting to manual where I would then want to set to auto ISO, but auto ISO is greyed out in manu...

mike21 by Enthusiast
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t connect to smartphone

I purchased a t6i for Xmas but I’m having trouble connecting to my iPhone 6 Plus with the Canon Connect app. I’ve completed the set up, enable, etc. with a password from encryption code. It worked the first time after I typed in the 8 digit number. H...

70D - Losing left audio channel

This is something I have never noticed as I don't record audio to the camera directly most of the time, and when I do, I typically send mono to it (which hides the issue I am about to point out). However, this month we lost quite a bit of video causi...

jh20001 by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! upgrade to 5d mk iii

A bit late in the day to ask advice after the fact I know, but I have recently upgraded from a 7D mki to a 5D mkiii (the MKiv being a bit pricey!!) Was this a good idea? I should say that I shoot mainly land/cityscapes and occaisional portrait and ve...

Knysa by Apprentice
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

T5 video questions

Hello,I have recently been messing around with my T5, trying to shoot in video mode and what not. I guess the video is all right, but yesterday I was filming at a park by a river and it was so bright that the picture was almost washed out.I have been...

Joak by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS-M5 & L Series lenses, plus more.....

Hello from the UKI’ve been a lifelong user of Canon cameras. From the original 35mm EOS cameras and all the way through the transition to digital. It would take an age to list what I have owned and used over 30 odd years. So I will refrain from doing...

TheRogue by Enthusiast
  • 70 replies
  • 0 likes

Rebel t6 and hotspot

I am using the camera connect on my t6 and it works fine on regular wifi. If I move outdoors I would like to use the phone hot spot.I can see the connection in my camera and put in the password but it won't connect. I notice that the ssid in the app ...

rparson by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Import 1D X files to iPad

Trying to import files from my Canon 1D X to my iPad using the USB3 Camera Connector. Works fine with my Canon T5i and a T6s. All I get when I connect my 1D X is grey squares; no images. Camera disk light flashes and if I select Delete Photos the fil...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements