cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know how much it would cost to repair this?

cjsparacino123
Apprentice

I own a Canon 5D Mark ii, it works and looks great, only issue is that one time when i was removing the memory card and putting it back in, one of the prongs on the camera bent (it's a compact flash card, so there are little prongs that stick out of the camera on the inside of the memory bay) my dad was able to fix it and put the memory card back in but i havent removed the memory card since in fear of it bending and breaking off and being unable to use.

Now I want to sell the camera and I want to know how much it could cost to fix this.. I know Canon doesn't repair these anymore so what my options? Knock off $250 from the price? with the lens the camera sells for about $1000, I only need like $650 really... 

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Contact Midwest Camera Repair and speak with them. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@cjsparacino123 wrote:

Now I want to sell the camera and I want to know how much it could cost to fix this.. I know Canon doesn't repair these anymore so what my options? Knock off $250 from the price? with the lens the camera sells for about $1000, I only need like $650 really... 

Any thoughts?

There is a good chance the pins will be fine and never bend again. BUT, I would describe the issue very accurately when selling the camera, and ask a slightly reduced price as there is a risk to the buyer. 

Which lens are you selling it with?  You might be better to sell the camera and lens separately. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements