cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM meetings using 77d - shutter speed goes CRAZY to 3200 every time a session starts. Why?

CanonDave3
Apprentice

I have my 77d set with some really specific cinematic settings (iso, shutter, f-stop) and I never really change them. 

However when I use the 77d as a webcam, and join someone else’s Zoom meeting, all my settings go wild when I’m accepted into the zoom room. For instance I keep my shutter at 1/50 - but when zoom starts it jumps to 1/3200. Putting me completely blacked out. So then I have to scramble over to the camera and spin the wheel - and I’m the guy holding up the meeting.  It’s super annoying. 

does anyone know of a fix to stabilize your settings? Or does anyone know why they change with zoom?

thank u so much!

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you using Canon's software? That must be the culprit. I am not sure what you can do about it.

Yeah, the Webcam utility from the canon support page... it seems to be the only way Zoom will recognize a 77D (or any external Canon) as a camera option.  I've had to download the driver multiple times now from the Canon site, every time there's a MAC or zoom update.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Turn off Auto ISO.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It’s in total manual mode

Also. THe iso remained at 100 during these episodes 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"It’s in total manual mode"

Obliviously not as from what you stated something changed.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Could explain in more detail all of your exposure settings, shooting mode, metering mode, and any other camera settings?  What lens?  What AF mode and AF points?  We cannot see your camera.  Please tell us what to do to reproduce your issue?

Do you switch the camera to movie mode to use the Webcam Utility?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements