cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Connection Issues with EOS M50 Mark II

DMsal
Apprentice

I just got a M50 mk2 and set up the app on my phone. I have a Samsung s22. I have a connection via bluetooth set up but when i try to view the pictures on my phone, it loses the wifi connection to the camera. i've already reset the connection settings on my camera and uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone multiple times, and rebooted the phone. it seems its a problem with the camera's wifi since i have not lost bluetooth connection. Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DMsal,

I'm sorry to hear the connection keeps dropping like that. With the connection dropping at that moment it does indicate there is an issue with the wifi connection between the phone and camera. One thing to try would be to try connecting the camera and phone directly through wifi rather than using the Bluetooth connection. Sometimes the connection is stronger when when are already connected that way rather than needing to switch to wifi once you start the import.

The steps to set up the wifi connection directly are on pages 476-480 of the manual. If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named EOS M50 Mark II Advanced User Guide (PDF).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DMsal,

I'm sorry to hear the connection keeps dropping like that. With the connection dropping at that moment it does indicate there is an issue with the wifi connection between the phone and camera. One thing to try would be to try connecting the camera and phone directly through wifi rather than using the Bluetooth connection. Sometimes the connection is stronger when when are already connected that way rather than needing to switch to wifi once you start the import.

The steps to set up the wifi connection directly are on pages 476-480 of the manual. If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named EOS M50 Mark II Advanced User Guide (PDF).

Thanks for the suggestion. That did the trick!

Announcements