cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does nobody talk about the seeming fact on the internet, that T5/1200D cameras are ...

szpevak
Apprentice

Why does nobody talk about the seeming fact on the internet, that T5/1200D cameras are not compatible with any AF confirm M42 to Canon EOS adapters? What is the cause of that incompatibility? Does anyone know?

13 REPLIES 13

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@szpevak wrote:

Why does nobody talk about the seeming fact on the internet, that T5/1200D cameras are not compatible with any AF confirm M42 to Canon EOS adapters? What is the cause of that incompatibility? Does anyone know?

Because Canon offers STM lenses with such high quality low cost there is no reason to adapt old lower quality lenses. 

They are not lower quality.

@szpevak wrote:
They are not lower quality.

Actually lenses designed over about 10 years ago, don't have any better image quality than today's STM lenses. 

Newer IS II L lenses have superior image quality, but, even older Canon L lenses don't exceed the image quality of Canon's modern STM lenses. There just has been that much advancement in computerized design and manufacturing. 

Sorry you are much better off not buying old lenses and adapters, and using STM lenses instead.

Also, as far as I think, they are better for video making, since they are made for manual focusing, and exactly that is what you need for video. Also, they are much cheaper, and still they are very well built, and their price is not negligible in a country where people do not earn as much money, as in the USA.

@szpevak wrote:
Also, as far as I think, they are better for video making, since they are made for manual focusing, and exactly that is what you need for video. Also, they are much cheaper, and still they are very well built, and their price is not negligible in a country where people do not earn as much money, as in the USA.

How exactly should auto-focus confirmation work when shooting video with a manual focus lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Do not you know?

@szpevak wrote:

Do not you know?

Negative.  I do not know.

The focus confirmation light always works since it does not depend on the lens.

However, szpevak, we don't talk about it because most of us don't shoot video much.

@kvbarkley wrote:

The focus confirmation light always works since it does not depend on the lens.

However, szpevak, we don't talk about it because most of us don't shoot video much.

You do not get a focus confirmation with a fully manual lens.  Some lens adapters include the Dandelion(?) Chip, which does the focus confirmation.  But, those only work through the viewfinder.  During Live View or video mode, I dunno.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements