cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Macro Lenses Fit on the EOS Rebel T8i?

IntraoralPhotos
Apprentice

I recently for the Rebel T8i camera to take intraoral photos. 

We also purchased the RF 100 mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM lens for the intraoral photos. 

This Macrolens does no fit this camera. 

Can someone please tell me what macrolens does fit this camera?

Thanks,

Richard

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

An EF or EF-S macro lens will fit. There is a Canon 100mm f/2.8 EF lens and a Canon 60mm f/2.8 EF-S lens. RF lenses are for the new mirrorless camera line - cameras with an R as the first letter in their model number.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and Laowa also make lenses that will fit the T8i. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Both,

@Richard, just want to say the T8i is a great camera.  Its regarded as one of the best entry level DSLR's for basic photography and is very capable.  I'm sorry to hear about the recent lens acquisition.  I hope you were not guided to this purchase by a salesperson or vendor.  The RF100mm is even better than the EF model it replaces.  If the new lens cannot be returned, and you are not already invested in EF/EF-S lenses, you might consider upgrading to a mirrorless body.  Believe it or not, It could be less expensive than another lens purchase.  In addition, if you do own other EF-EF-S lenses, they could be adapted to a mirrorless body depending on which you might choose.  If this is something you might consider and would like some help, let us know. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The Rebel cameras use the EF-S lens mount; sadly, an RF lens can not fit these cameras, and there is no adapter.  As the others have pointed out, you need an EF or EF-S lens.

If you want to know more about lens compatibility, I wrote an article about it: https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear/lenses

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements