cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewfinder

scosie123
Apprentice
I can't see an image in my canon Eos Rebel T5 viewfinder till I take the picture . New to the canon family and a general newbie in photography. Please help , I think using the viewfinder would make better photos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Or you are in Live View. Is your power switch pointing at the camera icon?  It should be in middle position. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Or you are in Live View. Is your power switch pointing at the camera icon?  It should be in middle position. 

Yes, good point that I should have thought to mention. More often than not, mirror lockup is due to the camera being set to Live View.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It sounds as though you have the mirror locked in the "up" position. Check your user manual for how to release it back to normal operation.

Bob

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Yes, good point that I should have thought to mention. More often than not, mirror lockup is due to the camera being set to Live View.

Bob
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements