cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Register EOS R5 Kit

cravitz
Apprentice

I purchased the R5 + 24-105 F4 Kit, but when I try to register it so I can activate my CarePak, the Product Registration page says "If you purchased a camera and lenses Kit, please select KIT PRODUCTS to find your product name." but this is impossible because the tab is disabled/doesn't work, and only the R5 body is available in the drop-down box.

How am I supposed to register, to ensure both products are covered?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I've called for help once or twice.  Use the direct number if possible.  The general number for support also worked for me.  Both times they added the info for me.   Give them a call for help 🙂

Canon Support
1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), this number has Saturday support too.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello cravitz,

The problem is the refurbished kits are not yet working with the CarePAK codes if this happens to be a refurbished kit. So refurbished products cannot be registered as a kit for now. You would need to register each item individually and add the code to the camera only. You can ignore the prompt to buy a CarePAK for the lens.

I have the same issue. BUT this was not sold to me as a REFURBISHED kit; both camera and lens are new items.

MaineSar24
Apprentice

John_Q's reply indicates these kits are refurbished items. Mine was sold to me as new both camera and lens. And you?

He wasn't indicating that. He said "if yours happens to be a refurbished kit." 

We'd recommend getting in touch with the CarePAK PLUS team. They're at 1-833-CAREPAK (1-833-227-3725)

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The kit items are in the database > New as John_Q suggests

shadowsports_1-1708021102071.png

shadowsports_0-1708021071628.png

The CarePak team will be happy to help you get your CarePak activated as Stephen suggests.  😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

cravitz
Apprentice

So, the Kit option is only available when I register the product (which I was able to do). When I use the carepak e-mail link which shows its for the r5 kit with 24-105 lens, the Kits do not appear in the list - in fact the whole tab cannot be accessed. If I try to add the CarePak code in the email manually, it tells me the product serial number is invalid, which is not true because I was able to register it. Will try the phone number again, but first two times I called I got a message telling me they are closed.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I've called for help once or twice.  Use the direct number if possible.  The general number for support also worked for me.  Both times they added the info for me.   Give them a call for help 🙂

Canon Support
1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), this number has Saturday support too.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

cravitz
Apprentice

As an update: Canon Support was great - very friendly and helpful, and it took just a single call to explain the issue, I left them with it for a couple of hours to look in to and they had it all fixed and set up for me. I think in the end they applied it to the activation code to the body, but also cover the lens.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Appreciate the feedback. This has been my experience when calling as well.  Glad it worked out for you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements