cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Manual Flash with an EOS R10

jmesar
Contributor

Hello,

Can EOS R10 trigger wireless some NO Canon flash?
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, jmesar!

It sounds like you're asking about using a flash unit wirelessly.  So that the Community can help you better, please let us know your flash's make and model along with any other accessories that you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That is totally up to the non-Canon flash. If it is 100% compatible with Canon optical or radio flash, it will work.

(BTW, your question is confusing. Do you want X-Sync or wireless?)

jmesar
Contributor

Sorry my ignorance, I understood the 2.4G follow the X-Sync protocol.
I bougth a new R10 to use with old FD lens and need a off camera flash, I am try with bats photos, and do not like a slave flash triggered by the light of the camera flash, I am planing to buy a new flash, but budget is not enogh for Canon Flash, I need a manual flash triggered wireless by R10

@jmesar wrote:

Sorry my ignorance, I understood the 2.4G follow the X-Sync protocol.
I bougth a new R10 to use with old FD lens and need a off camera flash, I am try with bats photos, and do not like a slave flash triggered by the light of the camera flash, I am planing to buy a new flash, but budget is not enogh for Canon Flash, I need a manual flash triggered wireless by R10

I do not own the R10 but I don't think it will trigger an off camera RF (radio) flash on its own. You will need a trigger that fits in the hot shoe and a flash that is compatible with that trigger. These are usually radio and sold as a set. I think you are confusing the 2.4ghz WiFi in the R10 with the flash sync protocol used to sync the shutter and flash duration.

As for getting a non Canon brand, like  Godox and others, the R10 has a "Multi-function shoe?" which may not be compatible yet, so be cautious 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements