cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering connector

Gino-Mazzaferro
Contributor

I tether 5dm4 to my laptop via USB port in camera but the connector at the camera side often comes loose. Then I loose the link. Is there some kind of clamp or bracket that will hold the cable and/or connector in place while I use the camera?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There should be a cable clamp included with new cameras.  Check out the “In The Box” link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Gino-Mazzaferro
Contributor

@Gino-Mazzaferro wrote:

I tether 5dm4 to my laptop via USB port in camera but the connector at the camera side often comes loose. Then I loose the link. Is there some kind of clamp or bracket that will hold the cable and/or connector in place while I use the camera?

You are so right. Haven't looked in the box since I bought it. Works great! Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Check out products from companies such as Tether Tools.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There should be a cable clamp included with new cameras.  Check out the “In The Box” link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Gino-Mazzaferro
Contributor

@Gino-Mazzaferro wrote:

You are so right. Haven't looked in the box since I bought it. Works great! Thanks

Thank you. Sorry that I deleted my reply, so for those keeping up with this thread, I simply said that my 5D4 came with the protector and was actually attached to the provided cable and that it was still in the box and may have been overlooked if you already had a cable. That was my case also. I have 10' and 30' cables for various situations, so the OEM with protector was never taken out of its plastic bag.

I'm glad you found it!

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements