cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 Rebel Won't Turn on Except for Viewfinder

davecannon
Apprentice

Hi All

I'm running into a strange problem with my T6 Rebel. Even after making sure the battery is charged, it won't completely turn on. Even though the red blinking light on the side that goes off whenever a battery is inserted works, the display stays dead. The only other working parts of the camera are the viewfinder and the autofocus. I can see the decals in the viewfinder (shutter speed, f stop, etc) and the autofocus engages when tapping the shutter button, but when I press it all of the way nothing happens. My camera is otherwise turned off.

Is this a common problem? I've seen issues with it not turning on at all online but nothing where it's partial like mine. 

One solution I tried was taking out the lens, battery, and sd for several hours but that didn't work. 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does this happen when the mode dial is set to green square auto?

When you say the autofocus engages does the lens achieve focus and the green dot in the viewfinder light up?

Have you tried pressing the Display or Info button at left rear top of camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It happens regardless of the mode.

Yes, the lens achieves focus and the green dot in the viewfinder lights up, but I cannot engage the shutter.

Yes, I've tried the display button multiple times but nothing happens.

Looks like repair would be required.

For comparison against repair cost, Keh Camera has an Excellent+ rated body for $270.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Alright, I'll reach out to my local store. But do you have any idea what the exact issue would be from what I'm describing?

I do not.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements